Big news today on AfternicDLS!
We are proud to launch Afternic Auctions. For the first time ever, members have pre-drop access to exclusive expiring domains on Afternic.
It’s live now on Afternic!
How does it work?
Afternic Auctions have two phases: the PreOrder period and the live auction period.
During the PreOrder period, before a name is in live auction, you can place a PreOrder on a domain name. This PreOrder ensures that: 1) the name will go to auction and 2) you will be included in the auction once it goes live. Domains which are not preordered by at least one member will not go to auction. Each Afternic Auction domain is available for PreOrder for at least 35 days before the start of its auction.
Once an expiring domain is in a live auction, Afternic Auctions function just like Closing Soon auctions currently function. We employ the same proxy bidding and escrow systems that we do now. You will be able to view who is bidding against you once your preordered domain goes into a live auction
There are two differences to note. These auctions will run for 5 days, instead of the 7 day auctions of member listings. Also, Afternic Auctions will start and end at 4 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) every day.
Where do I find Afternic Auctions?
1. Search Results – Afternic Auction domains are found in our search results. We have added tabs to our search results to help you narrow your search
a. ALL – shows all listed domains on Afternic including member listings and Afternic Auctions, both in Closing Soon or not.
b. MEMBER LISTINGS – all domains listed by AfternicDLS members, both in Closing Soon or not.
c. AFTERNIC AUCTIONS – all Afternic Auction domains, both in PreOrder status or in a Closing Soon live auction.
d. CLOSING SOON – all Closing Soon auctions, both member listings and Afternic Auctions.
2. Afternic Auction Search Page -Advanced Search features to search Afternic Auctions only
3. Downloadable Inventory – Links to download our inventory are available on our home page and our Afternic Auctions Search Page
4. Afternic Alerts & Watchlist – use your alerts and watchlist, found in MyAfternic, to find Afternic Auction domains
5. Closing Soon RSS Feed – Afternic Auction domains which are in live auction will be found anywhere Closing Soon domains are listed, including our Closing Soon RSS feed.
Does NameMedia participate in Afternic Auctions?
No – we will not bid against you in Afternic Auctions.
How do I find out more?
We invite you to explore Afternic Auctions:
A complete list of FAQs is available here
We love feedback! Please feel free to comment here or on DiscussNames.com, email questions to auctions (at) afternic.com, or call us at 866-351-9586 or 781-839-7990 (then press 2).