Hello Everyone. We have a new tool we are testing out that finds bargains on the GoDaddy Auction site. We wanted to share some of our finds below. As always do your own research before bidding on any names – see full disclaimer below.
The valuations included in this blog are based on an algorithm that utilizes the data GoDaddy has available to it to help identify predicted sale prices of domains. However, we do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from your purchase or sale of any domain, and this is not intended as a solicitation or offer to buy any particular domain. Any information presented and/or made available to you in this blog should not serve as the receipt of, or a substitute for, individual review of each domain name by you. It is your responsibility to independently assess and determine the value of any domain you may purchase or sell. We make no guarantee that you will realize any return on your purchase and subsequent sale of a domain name. We shall not be liable for any losses you or anyone else suffers as a result of relying on the valuations, which includes not being liable for any loss of profit, loss of bargain, loss of capital through over-payment or under-sale or for any indirect, special or consequential loss. The information may only be used exclusively within our network and not with any 3rd party provider.
Want to sell a domain or many domains? Join Afternic – the industry’s leading domain marketplace – and follow these steps to list your names for sale and start selling domains that same day.
Step 1: Add Domains to Your Afternic Account
The first thing you need to do to sell a domain is list your names for sale. After logging into Afternic, click the Add Domains button (white arrow below)
Next, enter your domain names in the text box on the left side of the page. Please enter one name per line and then click the “Continue to Step 2” button.
Step 2: Price and Select a Promotion Level for Your Domains
Afternic offers DLS Network and DLS Premium promotion options. DLS Premium gives your domains a much larger audience. You can learn more about the different promotion levels here.
Priced domains sell faster, for higher prices, so make sure to price your domains in this step also. Then click the “Continue to Step 3” button. (Note: if you aren’t sure how to price your domains, you may wish to order a domain appraisal from Afternic).
Step 3: Park your Domains
Domains parked with Afternic both earn revenue while listed for sale AND they sell faster. All you need to do is change your DNS (domain name server) to begin earning revenue with our award winning domain parking platform.
Note that you are NOT changing your DNS here; you must change your DNS with your registrar. Go to your registrar’s site and point your DNS to ns1.afternic.com and ns2.afternic.com. Depending on the registrar, DNS changes may take up to 24-72 hours. You will be able to see your parked pages after the name servers have resolved.
Click the Finished button whether or not you choose to park your domains with Afternic.
Step 4: Quality Check your Domains for Sale
Finally, check your domain list to make sure that all your domains have been added appropriately and are listed as For Sale. If the domain says “Pending Review”, please allow a few minutes for the domain to finish running through the review check process. If the domain is still pending review after an hour please call our Customer Service department for assistance.
Contact an Afternic representative to start selling your domains today!
Priced domains sell faster and for more money, but many people new to the domain selling business aren’t sure how to select an appropriate price for their domains. This is where Afternic’s Domain Appraisal service can help.
Our domain appraisals are produced using proprietary data from the largest domain valuation data archive in the industry. Afternic appraisals are also hand-reviewed by domain valuation experts.
Domain appraisals are based on your domain’s:
- TLD. Certain TLDs have higher demand than others, which impacts a domain’s value.
- Domain Length. Generally speaking, the fewer the number of characters in a domain, the higher the value.
- Market Demand. This metric measures the volume of potential buyers for a specific domain name, including number of registered alternative TLDs for the name, the number of PPC advertisers for a specific term, and more.
- Search Engine Term Popularity. Domains with keywords attract a significant amount of search traffic, increasing the popularity of domains with terms that have a good amount of search volume.
- Commercial Value. Branding potential for a domain name is a key driver of a domain’s value. One word and brandable domains are inherently memorable and therefore valuable.
- Other. There are many other characteristics that influence domain valuation, either positively or negatively.
If you are seeking to sell domains, leveraging this experience can help you sell your names more effectively by targeting a competitive price that still delivers maximum return. Appraised domains are 10x more likely to sell than those without appraisals.
After ordering your report through this domain appraisal form, you will receive it by email in 1-2 business days. We recommend that you link your appraisal to your listing. This will increase your sales velocity.
RU-CENTER, Russia’s first and largest domain registrar and hosting company, has joined Afternic’s Premium Reseller Network. Through the partnership RU-CENTER will add Afternic’s premium domains to search results on its own website, giving Afternic DLS members an even larger audience to sell domains to.
RU-CENTER will also utilize Afternic’s Instant Transfer technology on these listings, giving buyers instant access to their purchased premium domains – a significant improvement over the lengthy escrow process used by legacy domain marketplaces.
Afternic’s integration with RU-CENTER will be completed by the end of March 2012, when premium listings will start appearing on nic.ru. RU-CENTER has been the gateway for the Russian public to the .ru aftermarket and auction experience. This partnership with Afternic will take RU-CENTER to the next level, introducing their customers to more premium domain names in general TLDs (.com/.org/.net /.biz / .info), and turning it into a truly global marketplace.
You can read the whole release here.
Ever wondered how to sell a domain? Afternic – the world’s leading domain marketplace – makes it easy for anyone to sell domains. Domains listed for sale with Afternic are promoted to millions of buyers worldwide, and promoted by the industry’s most experienced sales team.
What you need to know about how to sell a domain:
1. Join Afternic. It’s fast, easy, and gets your name(s) in front of over 35 million active searchers per month in minutes.
2. Price your domains. Whenever our customer service team is asked how to sell a domain the fastest, the first thing they recommend is to price domains. Priced domains sell faster because domain buyers expect to see a listed price. You can get help pricing your domains by ordering a domain appraisal.
3. Select Premium Promotion. Domains listed with the Premium Promotion option have a 33% higher average selling price than in the regular network because they have increased exposure.
4. Park your Domains. Parking your domain with Afternic allows you to earn revenue while your domain is listed for sale. The “Domain for Sale” link on the top of pages parked with Afternic has also proven to increase sales velocity by 500% when the domain also has a Buy Now price.
Now that you know a little bit more about how to sell a domain, start listing today with Afternic! Our friendly customer service team is also happy to answer any questions you might have about setting up or managing your account. Give them a call at:
- 1-866-351-9586 (Toll-Free)
- +1 781-839-7990 (Worldwide)
The possibilities for this domain name are endless.
Merriam Webster defines the word “possible” as:
- a : being within the limits of ability, capacity, or realization <a possible but difficult task> b : being what may be conceived, be done, or occur according to nature, custom, or manners <the best possible care> <the worst possible circumstance>
- a : being something that may or may not occur <a possible surprise visit> b : being something that may or may not be true or actual <possible explanation>
- having an indicated potential <a possible housing site>
Capture the imagination of an online audience searching for answers.
Possible.com is a targeted, super-premium domain name that can help your business capture a share of the search volume for the term(s):
- “possible” itself – over 5 million monthly searches – as well as related searches such as:
- “is it possible” – also 5 million monthly searches
- “possible worlds” – 14,800 monthly searches,
- “possible careers” – 8,100 monthly searches, and so many more!
Capture this huge audience today by contacting Pat Calvoni at 781-839-2856 or email@example.com.
Online Quizzes are Hot
There are literally millions of quizzes on the Internet right now that people are completing online, sharing throughout their social networks, and “buzzing” about. Many recent studies show that quizzes have the potential to increase brand affinity when they are issued by companies on either their own websites or on their social media profiles.
As companies engage more in online marketing, it is expected that interactive features like quizzes will be used more and more to engage customers.
Quiz.com is a targeted, super-premium domain name that can help your business capture a share of the 20 MILLION monthly Internet searches on the term quiz alone.
Quizzes are a Proven Way to Increase User Engagement
Some examples of quizzes currently generating buzz for companies online:
- A Linux Foundation quiz received 36,000 views with a significant number of completions. The quiz was designed to increase interest in an upcoming Linux convention. It also attracted news coverage for Linux on TechCrunch, ZDNet, and more.
- SAP used an online personality quiz that had over 1000 completions in less than a month. They met their goals of increasing web traffic and free trial downloads.
- The company AutoTrader invited people to challenge their friends to a quiz on who knew the most about cars, which ultimately increased visitors and user engagement on the website.
Get a solid foothold in this new era of customer engagement by inquiring about Quiz.com today.
Call Vito Roussell at: 781-839-2845 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Domains Sales Breakdown and Sample
Domain sales for the week of 11/21 – 11/27
Chart-toppers for the week included:
Total domain sales for the week, including confidential and sales under $1000 totaled $1.546 million.
Sample of reportable sales:
Click here to learn more about how to sell domains.
As of today, domains sold through the Afternic DLS are available for purchase at EuroDNS, a domain name registrar that has traditionally specialized in International domain extensions. EuroDNS will be one of the first in Europe to offer the opportunity for domain buyers to easily search and buy a premium domain name.
Domain owners registered at EuroDNS will also be able to sell their domains through the Afternic DLS starting today. The Afternic-EuroDNS partnership will enable EuroDNS domain sellers following a simple registration process with Afternic to reach more than 50 million prospective buyers around the world each month.
Additionally, this integration enables EuroDNS to utilize Afternic’s Instant Transfer technology, which automates the premium domain purchasing process . Instant Transfer eliminates the lengthy administrative process required by legacy marketplaces, increasing returns for domain sellers.
You can read the whole press release here.
Learn more about selling domains on Afternic here.
Yesterday, Morgan Linton took a “deep dive under the hood of one of (his) favorite domain listing services on the planet.” Guess which listing service it is? Afternic, of course!
Morgan recorded a video detailing his favorite features of Afternic. This was not a sponsored video. He says: “I’m doing this because I’ve been using Afternic since 2007. I love the service and think more people should use it.” Thanks, Morgan!
Some of the highlights of his video include Afternic’s:
- Distribution Network: This is a huge differentiator as it makes domain sellers’ names available on “a ton” of different sites other than Afternic. Also, when you add names to the premium network, it offers the industry’s lowest commission on selling domains if you are also parking with Afternic.
- Two Different Promotion Levels: DLS Premium and Afternic DLS. DLS Premium is a bigger network that can accommodate “the more common tlds.”
- Intuitive Dashboard: When you first log in you can see how many domains you are selling and how many you’re parking. The “My Afternic” panel also allows you to view offer history, move registrars, group domains together, and more.
- Domain Marketing Opportunities: Two level categorization helps make your domains more searchable. Morgan also says that filling in the domain description field is one of the best ways to market your name. So many people (potential buyers) do look at these descriptions.
- Instant Transfer: a feature (with built-in escrow service) that makes it really, really easy to transfer the domain name to the buyer without having to go through the standard transfer process.
- Domain Parking Incentives: Having your names parked with Afternic is an important component because not only do you make money on parking, but you get 5% cash back.
Finally, Morgan mentions that the advantage of Afternic DLS is that we have an experienced, 24/7 sales team and “really, really high” average sales price. Go here to view the entire video.